How to Play PS4 Games on PC Without Remote Play – Easy Steps
The announcement of Sony in 2018 that “playing games on PC is possible with Remote play for windows 10” somehow made all the fans and users of PS4 rejoiced.
However, with this rejoice there is a lot of pre requites which include a faster internet connection with a downloading speed of 15 Mbps.
Read Also: 15 Best Monitor For PS5 in 2022 – Reviewed
Moreover, what disturbs most is the sluggish response of the PS4 controllers. But luckily these issues can be resolved if we use any capture card and directly play PS4 games on PC without remote play.
And this is what this article is all about, today, we are going to tell you that how to play ps4 games on pc without remote play.
What is Remote Play?
PlayStation remote play is an app that lets you control your PlayStation console from windows 10 and remotely.
You can stream and play PS4 and PS5 games, also you can switch between different games and view the home screen of your console, you can also browse the console menu’s from compatible devices that are connected to your Wi-Fi.
With Remote Play, you can play with your PS4, PS5 console connected to a TV. All you have to do is to pause a game and then access the remote play app from your chosen device and your game will be on that screen ready to play right from your left it.
You can also switch the device on your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console and start playing directly from the Remote play app.
You can stream PS5 or PS4 games on another device through a console. Unfortunately, you can’t use remote play on your mobile cellular data. You need a broadband connection with a speed up to at least 5 Mbps.
To get the best experience, you are recommended to have an internet connection with a speed of 15 Mbps.
To stream or play PS4 games on your PC or laptop, you first need to connect your PC or laptop to PS4. Now, you might be thinking that how can you use a laptop as a monitor for PS4. Don’t worry we have also included this in our article. Here’s how you use the laptop as a monitor for PS4.
How to play PS4 on a laptop using HDMI and a video capture card
For those whose laptop doesn’t meet met the requirements for remote play, no need to worry because we have got an alternative way. This alternative method is pretty simple but it might cause damage to your pocket.
Firstly, you’ll need to connect your laptop to PS4 and for that, you’ll need an HDMI cable and video capture card. Here are all the things you’ll need to use a laptop as a monitor.
- HDMI cable
- Video Capture Card
- File sharing enabled
Building a connection
Make sure you have all above mentioned things.
- Firstly, you need to enable file-sharing. To enable that, go to the PS4 settings tab. Then, navigate to the Networks Settings tab and select the Internet Connection Settings. Now, select your internet router and connect your PS4 to the Internet by entering the credentials if any.
- Then, connect your video capture card to the laptop via a USB port. Remember that it’s very essential for you to install the drivers and software for the card you are using to make it function smoothly and properly.
- Now, link your video capture card with the PS4. For this, you’ll have to make an S-video connection via through connection cable. Then, connect the HDMI IN side to the capture card and the other side i.e. HDMI OUT to the PS4.
- Now, launch the software of video capture on a laptop and turn your PS4 on. After opening software will automatically search for the PS4. After finding it’ll build a stable connection and start to display the PS4’s screen on your laptop screen.
Note: Make sure that the software is running on the full screen. By doing so, you won’t face any resolution problem, and the PS4 screen will be displayed on full screen.
How to play PS4 games on PC without Remote play
Now, that you know How to use your laptop as a monitor, let’s go forward. Remember that your laptop should have a video input card. Playing or streaming without a video card is not possible so what’s the solution for that. A capture card.
Any capture card like Elgato will solve your problem and make sure that you use your laptop as a monitor without any hassle whatsoever. If you don’t have a capture card, then we would suggest you buy a capture card before you proceed to further steps.
With a capture card, you’ll need to make sure that you have a USB-Type A to USB-Type C convertor, which is USB 3.0. or if your laptop has a USB-Type C port then you don’t need to get a USB-Type A to USB-Type Convertor.
Now, follow these steps written below:
- Go to the official website of your capture to download its desktop application. It is recommended that you download the install the official app. The downloading links are easily available for both Windows and Mac OS.
- Now, you’ll have to connect your laptop to your PS4 through an HDMI cable. You will see a USB-Type C port on the capture card, this port carries the video signals to the monitor.
- To connect your capture card to the laptop, you’ll connect both via USB-Type C to USB-Type A convertor.
- Now, launch the desktop app you have downloaded. It’ll talk a few seconds for capture ard to get and accept signals. If you are having trouble with the process, you can set it up manually the process for that is quite easy.
- Once done with that, you are all ready to play PS4 games on PC without Remote play.
Things you should remember
Here are some things you should consider and remember when you play PS4 games on a PC without Remote play.
- You can use the keyboard for input, but it might be slow. You won’t get the same response and efficiency as your console’s controller. Your keyboard works smoothly if you don’t have your console controller connected and itching to start the game.
- This method won’t work unless you have a capture card and the USB-Type C to USB-Type A convertor or if your laptop has a USB Type-C then you have to get a converter.
- You don’t have to get yourself a high specs laptop. The PS4 will be working as a primary device and the laptop will just work as a monitor. Your laptop won’t take any load. So for this process, any regular laptop is good enough.
So, now you know how to play PS4 games on PC without Remote play, you are free to play any game you want. The most exciting about the process is that you get to play PS4 games with a keyboard, most players prefer to do gaming on a keyboard So here they go.
using the same remote controller for every game isn’t an outstanding experience.
I hope this article will help you out. If you have any questions in your mind, then do let us know in the comments section, we’ll get to you soon. Thank you.